Do you want to gain full control over the Android system that runs by default on your Huawei Mate 10 Pro? If you do, then gaining root access is imperative. Well, in that case during the following steps you will find everything that’s related with the root operation: the advantages and the risks implied, the pre-requisites that must be first applied and the actual process explained for your Huawei Mate 10 Pro. And in case you are wondering, completing this operation can be done within minutes as we are going to use a dedicated one-click-root solution developed by those of xda-developers.
Thus, the credits for this root process must go to the developers from xda-developers – we are here only to detail the steps that must be followed for completing this unlocking process. Anyhow, keep in mind one thing: you are going to apply an unofficial operation that cannot be associated with your OEM or with Google: third party devs developed and offered this one-click-root solution for the Huawei Mate 10 Pro. Bottom line, as a general conclusion, if you choose to resume this tutorial you are going to lose your phone’s warranty.
Note: the warranty flag can be restored only if you choose to reinstall the default / official Android firmware on your Huawei Mate 10 Pro. Of course, in that particular situation you are going to restore everything back to stock which means that root access will be revoked, the bootloader relocked and the stock recovery image reinstalled.
On a rooted Huawei Mate 10 Pro you will be able to customize, optimize and personalize the Android system that runs on your phone. For example, you can install a custom recovery image like CWM or TWRP recovery, you can remove bloatware and start-up programs, you can add apps and features which cannot be found on the stock Android firmware, you can install root-only tools from other sources than Google Play, you can install custom ROMs, MODs and kernels and you can even overclock or undervolt CPU frequencies.
Save your data before starting the root operation. The one-click-root toolkit will wipe the data from your Huawei Mate 10 Pro during the root process so you must save everything that you might still use afterwards – the wipe will remove everything that wasn’t there from day one so you should secure almost all your personal files, data, info and accounts. Through general backup and restore solutions you can easily save contacts, call logs, texts, images, videos, audio files, market apps, internet settings, calendar info, EFS folder, IMEI / NVRAM data and more – you can sync your files with your Google Account, you can use backup and restore apps from Google Play or you can use built-in cloud storage services.
Before starting the root operation from below you need to:
- Unlock the bootloader of your Huawei Mate 10 Pro.
- Make sure a computer can be used.
- Your smartphone and its USB cable are required.
- On your computer the Android SDK software must be installed – learn how to set up ADB on MAC OS X / Linux or how to install Android SDK on Windows.
- Also, on your PC the Huawei Mate 10 Pro drivers must be flashed.
- On your phone the USB Debugging option must be checked – you can access USB Debugging option from Developer Options.
- Developer Options can be enabled by tapping repeatedly on Built Number – from ‘menu – > settings – > about phone’ you need to tap repeatedly on Built Number until you notice the ‘you are a developer’ message displayed.
- Charge your smartphone as it must run on more than 50% power before the root process is initiated.
- If the power is lower than the already mentioned threshold your handset might get turned off right in the middle of the unlock process – in that situation your smartphone might get soft bricked, so be careful.
- The one-click-root tool from below will work only with the Huawei Mate 10 Pro. So, try not to mess things up by using this tutorial on other Android based device.
How to Root Huawei Mate 10 Pro using One-Click-Root solution
- On your computer download the one-click-root exploit for your Huawei Mate 10 Pro – you can get this file from here.
- Save this package on desktop and unzip.
- Now, connect your smartphone with your computer with the help of the USB cable.
- Access the folder where the one-click-root tool is located and from there open a cmd window.
- Note: you can open cmd from inside a specific folder by – press and hold Shift keyboard key and right-click on any blank space; then choose ‘open command prompt window here’.
- In this cmd window execute ‘adb reboot bootloader’.
- Bootloader mode will be now reached on your handset.
- Next, from the folder from where you launched the cmd window run the FHMate10Tool.exe executable file.
- From the prompt that will be displayed choose the first option and wait while your Huawei Mate 10 Pro is being automatically rooted.
- When done, close that window and the cmd command line and remove the USB cable.
- Reboot your smartphone as you are done.
Perfect; root access should be now ensured on your Huawei Mate 10 Pro. You can verify that by downloading and running the Root Checker app from Google Play. If you have questions or if you need further info related with the already explained root procedure, don’t hesitate and contact us – you can get in touch with us easily through the comments field from down below.