For gaining full control over your Android based device you need to ensure root. On the HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle this process can be quickly completed by using the steps explained below. During the same lines we will review the advantages, the risks and the essential pre-requisites implied along with the actual rooting steps. Thus, you have all the details and info explained so that you can properly understand what to do in order to successfully and quickly root your HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle.
With root you manage to unlock your Android device. Shortly, in the end you remove all the built-in / default restrictions which are there to limit your access. Therefore, after completing this guide you will have control over your Desire 10 Lifestyle in term of future customizations and optimizations. Basically, this is the only way in which you can take full advantage of your smartphone and this is the only way in which you can improve general performance, upgrade battery life or bump speeds.
As you can already tell, these tweaks can be ensured through different other custom operations. Well, the easiest way in which you can unleash the true potential of your HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle will be by applying processes like: updating with custom ROMs (such as Lineage OS, AOKP, Paranoid Android and so on), remove bloatware and start-up programs, add root-only apps, install apps from other sources than Google Play, flash custom features which cannot be found on the stock Android OS, overclock or undervolt CPU frequencies and more.
Of course, gaining root access is not a supported operation by HTC – your OEM cannot enable an unlocking operation that removes built-in restrictions. So, you have to use a third party root exploit that’s developed by third party devs. As a result, you are going to lose your phone’s warranty, so if that is not what you want to achieve, maybe it will be better to stop at this point. Anyway, if somehow required, the warranty can be restored but only one certain condition: you have to reinstall the stock Android firmware, situation during which the root access will be of course revoked.
You should also backup your HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle before resuming the rest of the guidelines from this tutorial. The backup is optional but highly recommended as everything that wasn’t there from day one might get corrupted or wiped out during the root process. So, without hesitation you should choose to use different backup and restore solutions (syncing the files with your Google Account, download compatible tools from Google Play or use built-in cloud storage services) for securing your contacts, call logs, texts, images, videos, audio files, market apps, internet settings, calendar info, EFS folder, IMEI / NVRAM data or everything else you might require afterwards.
Optional you can also make a Nandroid backup – in that way you can save the current Android OS that runs on your smartphone and restore it if that will be requaired.
Now, after starting the actual root process you should review and apply the essential pre-requisites which are being outlined during the following list of tasks:
- Unlock the bootloader of your Desire 10 Lifestyle – this is the first unlock process that must be performed on your Android device.
- Install a custom recovery image on your smartphone as the root exploit can be applied only through a custom recovery mode – so, learn how to install TWRP recovery on your HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle.
- Make sure you can use a computer or a notebook – it will be used just for downloading the root file; don’t worry, you won’t have to use any risky or complex program for completing this step by step guide.
- Your smartphone and its USB cable are also required.
- On your phone Developer Options must be enabled – navigate towards About Phone and tap repeatedly on Built Number – tap on this field until the ‘you are a developer’ message is prompted.
- Then, from Developer Options you have to check the USB debugging feature – Developer Options should be located under Menu – > Settings.
- Verify the battery status on your phone – plug in the charger if the power is lower than 50%.
- Low power means assuming risks – if your handset gets switched off during the root operation, the Android system might get soft bricked (malfunctions can be caused within the Android core platform).
- Flash the root exploit prompted below by using this step by step guide only if you own the HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle – this guide is compatible only with this particular Android based device.
How to Quickly Root HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle
- Start by downloading the root package for your smartphone – you can download SuperSU from this page.
- Of course, save the file on your computer – you can place it somewhere on desktop.
- Meanwhile, switch on your smartphone and connect it with your computer – ensure the connection through your phone’s USB cable.
- Next, select the recently downloaded root exploit and transfer it inside your smartphone.
- Then, remove the USB cable as the computer is no longer required.
- Now, switch off your phone and wait a few moments while the power off is successfully completed.
- You have to reboot recovery mode on your Android device.
- From recovery tap on Install and pick up the SuperSU file.
- Swipe in order to begin the root process.
- Wait while the flashing operation is completed.
- When done, return to main menu of recovery and choose ‘reboot system now’.
- If a boot loop is issued, return to recovery and pick up ‘wipe data factory reset’ followed by ‘wipe cache partition’.
Perfect; root access is now ensured on your HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle – you can verify if root is ensured or not by using the Root Checker app from Google Play. If you want to learn further tweaks for your smartphone don’t hesitate and contact us – of course, do the same thing and tell us how everything worked during the root operation (you can easily get in touch with us by using the comments field from down below). Enjoy and stay close for further tutorials and other Android related tips and tricks.