Initiating a hard reset on the LG V30 can be done within minutes and it’s a basic Android operation that can be completed without any sort of problems. However, if you are using the Android system for the first time or if you don’t know exactly how to apply this process, don’t panic. During the following lines we’re going to teach you everything about the hard reset operation: why you need to learn how to do it; when it’s recommended to apply it; which are the downsides implied; and how to resume the actual procedure on the LG V30.
The hard reset is a dedicated operation featured within the Android core system. It can be anytime initiated without using third party apps or risky programs. In fact there are two ways in which the hard reset can be applied on the LG V30 – don’t worry, we will detail both methods below, so you have nothing to worry about from this perspective.
So, applying the factory reset is an official operation backed up by LG and supported by Google. Your LG V30 will remain safe and secured while you take care of the steps from this guide – no, the warranty of your phone won’t get void and you won’t risk anything else (beside one thing which will be explained in a few moments).
The hard reset will wipe everything from your LG V30. Basically, in the end you will remain only with the built-in apps – everything that wasn’t there from day one will be erased. So, we are talking about a wiping process which can be used for smartly managing different situations such as:
- You can free up some space – from time to time you might want to erase everything for refreshing the Android OS.
- You can speed things up – a hard reset can bump speeds if your LG V30 got slowed down by certain apps or processes.
- You can fix software related issues – among personal files the factory reset will also remove unresponsive programs, malicious apps, malware or other inappropriate software that can cause boot loops, lags, screen freeze, battery drain, heating situations, signal strength problems, total blackouts and similar other malfunctions.
- You can complete certain custom operations – for example, when trying to install a custom ROM firmware (like Lineage OS, AOKP or Paranoid Android) you will have to make a hard reset first.
So, a wipe will happen. Well, if you have something important saved on your LG V30, before doing anything else, you should perform a full backup. Only in that way you can place in safe hands the files that might be still required afterwards – contacts, call logs, texts, images, videos, audio files, market apps, internet settings, calendar info, saved passwords, IMEI / NVRAM data, EFS folder and more. On your phone a backup can be applied by using built-in cloud storage platforms, by syncing your files with your Google account or by going to Google Play and downloading dedicated backup and restore apps (in that case make sure you select only already tested platforms).
The methods from below will work even if your LG V30 is tweaked – the hard reset can be completed regardless of the state in which your device is found during a certain moment. So, you can use this step by step guide if your smartphone is rooted, locked, running on locked or unlocked bootloader, powered by the stock or by a custom ROM firmware, installed with the stock or with a custom recovery image and so on.
One more thing before explaining the factory reset steps: it’s a good idea to verify the battery power that’s left on your LG V30. You shouldn’t begin the hard reset operation if the power left is lower than 50%. If the power is too low the Android system can get turned off – if that happens you might end up in soft bricking your device. So, be careful and try to avoid such unpleasant situations.
Of course, use the steps from below only if you own the LG V30 – the guidelines explained during these lines are compatible only with the already mentioned Android based handset.
How to Hard Reset LG V30
- This method works if your device is turned off.
- So, press and hold the Power key for a few moments or press the Power button once and select ‘power off’.
- Wait a few moments while the switch off process is completed.
- Next, press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together for a few seconds.
- When you notice the LG Logo displayed release the Power button but keep press things Volume Down key.
- After 2 or 3 seconds press and hold down the Power key again.
- The Factory mode should be now displayed on your LG V30.
- Use Volume rocker keys for scrolling up and down and the Power key to select.
- Just follow on-screen prompts and agree with the alerts in order to complete the hard reset operation.
- Reboot your phone in the end.
- This second solution will work if your device is turned on.
- So, power on your LG V30.
- From your Home Screen tap on Settings.
- From Settings switch to General and look for the Backup & Reset entry.
- Tap on that option and then choose Factory Data Reset followed by Reset Phone.
- When prompted choose Delete All and choose to clear everything from your device.
- The factory reset will be automatically completed on your LG V30.
- Wait while the process is running.
- When done, reboot your LG V30.
That’s how a full wipe can be completed on the LG V30. So, now you know how to make a hard reset – use the methods from above whenever you need to and don’t forget to let us know how everything worked for you. You can share your observations with our team and with our readers by filling out the comments field available below. Enjoy.